VTAC is currently looking for Year 12 students to participate in VTACmag’s 30 Minute Mentor.
Last year, 30 Minute Mentor was one of the most popular sections in the magazine. Students were paired with mentors who could answer questions about their industry and what it’s like to work in their field of interest day to day. The mentors last year included a psychologist, a photographer and a pathologist (all the P’s!) The students involved each had a 30 minute conference call with their mentors in which they could ask questions about career pathways, salaries, typical duties, lifestyle considerations and anything else they wanted to know about their future careers. All of the students had great questions and got a lot out of the experience.
You can check out last year’s section of the magazine here: download the article
Are you interested in taking part?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity you’d like to be a par of, simply complete the following questions and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: “30 Minute Mentor” to be considered.
- Phone Number:
- Email Address:
- What are you studying this year?
- What do you hope to study or do next year?
- What job/s are you interested in when you finish studying?
- Why do you want to participate in 30 Minute Mentor?
- What are three questions you would like to ask a mentor?
- What kind of person would you like as a 30 Minute Mentor? What job do they have? Do you have anyone in particular in mind?
VTAC want to publish a broad range of students and careers, so whether you want to be a biologist or ballerina, park ranger or plumber, get in touch with them!
Deadline for submission: Friday 24 February at 5pm